Investobuddies.com – Peloton App Samsung TV is an all-in-one workout app where you can find and stream all your favorite workouts like running, cycling, yoga and more. You can also purchase fitness equipment directly from Peloton to use while exercising. In general, Peloton can be used with most smart TVs with a few exceptions.
Samsung TV users have been known to not find the Peloton app in pre-installed apps and other app locations. This isn’t because Samsung TVs can’t download apps, but because Samsung’s OS doesn’t naturally support Peloton apps. This guide will show you how to download the Peloton app on your Samsung Smart TV.
Why the Peloton app is not supported on Samsung TVs
Samsung Smart TVs use Tizen OS as their default operating system. Although the menu system Samsung Smart Hub supports many apps, there is also a list of unsupported apps, including the Peloton app Samsung TV.
Unlike major streaming platforms or devices, Samsung TVs run on a proprietary OS. Other smart TV brands such as Android, Apple, and Amazon Fire TV all have a variety of support apps ready to download.
But that doesn’t mean you can’t use the Peloton app on your Samsung smart TV. There are always different solutions to problems like this, so you just have to follow the one that works best for you.
Since it’s an unsupported app, you can use a similar method to get Crunchyroll on your Samsung Smart TV.
Get the Peloton app Samsung TV
Now that we know why the Peloton app is missing from the list of Samsung TV apps, we can go straight to the fix for this issue. Also, go through these fixes one by one and see which one works best for you.
Before you start, make sure you have a stable internet and Wi-Fi connection. If you are getting Unable to connect to Samsung Server 189 error, it may be due to a lost internet connection, not a problem getting the Peloton on your TV.
Fix #1: Use Over-the-Top (OTT) Devices
Devices that support streaming various content over the Internet are called Over-The-Top (OTT). The best examples of OTT devices are Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick, Roku Stick, and Apple TV. Most of these devices support premium streaming content.
To use an OTT device, simply connect your Samsung TV and OTT device with an HDMI cable. If you’re not sure how to do this, check out our article on changing the input on a Samsung TV. Once setup is complete, you can now use it to stream a variety of lost content from Samsung TVs like Peloton.
Samsung TVs have a streaming app on the Samsung Smart Hub, but for unsupported content, it’s worth buying an OTT device. You can choose an OTT device based on your location and budget. However, you can expect it to be cheaper than buying a new smart TV. If you have a device, you can also add a beach body to Samsung TV and other streaming sites.
Fix #2: Connect another device to your Samsung TV
If you have a spare device such as a laptop, phone, tablet, etc., you can use it to stream content directly to your Samsung Smart TV. However, you need to make sure your device supports HDMI and has a working HDMI port. Smartphones, for example, don’t naturally come with HDMI ports.
What you can do is buy an HDMI adapter that is compatible with your smartphone. HDMI adapters can also be used with other ports depending on the device.
Follow these steps to connect your device to your Samsung TV.
- Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to your smart TV and device. Use an HDMI adapter if necessary.
- Turn on your Samsung TV and switch the input to HDMI. To do this, press the SOURCE button on the remote control and navigate to HDMI. This will display the contents of your device.
- Log in to your Peloton account and stream your favorite workouts.
Fix #3: Eject Peloton Device to Samsung TV
If you have a Peloton Tread, Bike or Bike+, you can cast content directly to your Samsung TV. This is a more optimal option if you are actively using Peloton equipment.
IMPORTANT: Make sure the Enable wireless display option is enabled on your Samsung TV. To check, go to Settings > Advanced Settings. Press the More Options button (top right) and make sure the “Enable wireless display” option is checked.
To cast Peloton to Samsung TV, follow these steps:
- Turn on your Samsung Smart TV and go to the Home screen.
- Then open the Peloton screen and go to Settings > Cast Screen.
- Select your Samsung TV from the list of peripherals and select Connect.
- If it is not silent, select the refresh button in the upper-right corner of the window. This will cause the Peloton device to scan for nearby devices again.
- Once the two devices are connected, you can now cast content to your Peloton device and Samsung Smart TV.
Fix #4: Transfer from iOS Device to Samsung TV
Apple devices such as iPhones and iPads can easily support Peloton. It is also a convenient option for transferring Peloton content, as it allows content to be transferred via AirPlay. If your iOS device and Samsung TV are connected to the same wireless network, you can easily cast via AirPlay.
To cast from your iOS device to your Samsung TV, follow these steps:
- Turn on your Samsung TV and go to the Home menu.
- Open your iOS device and launch the Peloton app.
- Log in to your Peloton account and take live fitness classes.
- Press the Cast button and select Cast via AirPlay.
- Select Samsung TV from the device list.
- Once the two devices are connected, the content will now be transferred to your Samsung TV.
Fix #5: Casting from Android Device to Samsung TV
If you have an Android device, you can also easily transfer content to your Samsung TV. After connecting both devices on the same wireless network, you can follow the process similar to the previous fix (iOS devices).
To cast content from your Android device to your Samsung TV, follow these steps:
- Open your Samsung TV and go to the Home menu.
- Then log in to your Peloton account using your Android device.
- Choose the fitness class you want, live or not.
- After class, tap the Cast icon on the screen and select your Samsung TV from the list of devices.
- You can now cast your fitness classes to your Samsung TV.
This way you can watch the Peloton app on your TV without any problems. If your TV is behaving strangely, here’s a guide that explains how to prevent your Samsung TV from randomly turning on and off.
Thanks to technological advancements, users can now watch and follow live fitness content from the comfort of their own home. Among the apps that provide this type of service is Peloton. However, not all smart TVs support the Peloton app due to OS issues.
So, we hope this guide will help you bring the Peloton app or its services to your Samsung TV. So, before you buy a new Peloton-enabled smart TV, first try these fixes.